One of the best ways to relax your body and your mind is through massage. Fortunately, there are options when it comes to the manner in which you receive the relaxing massage, which is good news for those who would like to enjoy it as often as possible as they either need the relaxation that it offers or because they suffer from back pains or other types of problems that can be atoned by the massage session. Of course, the options that we’re talking about is to go to a massage therapist or to buy a massage chair for use at home.
Seeing how these specialty chairs generally come at high prices, it’s understandable why most people are frightened of investing in them. Nonetheless, it’s an investment worth making if you are aware of all the advantages that it provides. In this article, we will list the pros and cons of massage chairs and massage therapists for you to have a clearer understanding of what method is better and why by doing this proving whether these chairs actually work or not.
What Massage Chairs Have to Offer
Although this product is a generous investment to make, especially if you plan on buying a high-end model like the Inada DreamWave, the price is easily explained by the chair’s capabilities, thus meaning that you won’t regret the money spent on it at all. When it comes to answering the question of whether the massage chair actually works or not, the answer is yes. With the chair in your home, you will get to receive relaxing and pain soothing massages at any hour of the day or night. In case you spend your money on a model that has innovative features, you will be pleasantly surprised by the fact that it will offer a wide variety of types of massages to choose between, thus perfectly catering to your needs at that moment. Also, the scan mode that most of the high-quality models come with ensure a localization of the areas that need to be focused on in order to ensure that any pain you felt in your back or any other area of your body will go away.
- Precision when massaging problem areas of your body
- Massage quality is constant
- Vibrations ensure enoguh strength for the massage
- Variety of types of massages to choose between
- Convenience provided by use at home
- High temperature control
- Helps save money in the long run
- Possibility to fix back pains without leaving the house
- Usually the price to purchase the chair is high
- Depending on the chair’s size, it can occupy a lot of space
What Massage Therapists Have to Offer
Going to the massage parlor and asking for the services of a massage therapist is the most common practice among people who want to get a massage. But this old school method of receiving the pain soothing and relaxing massage session isn’t necessarily the best option to go with as you end up paying a lot of money if you visit the parlor often as you will not only spend money on the session itself but on the transportation as well. Of course, there are numerous benefits that come with choosing this method, the most important being the fact that you will enjoy a direct physical contact with the therapist, this contact further relaxing you due to the human interaction involved.
- Therapeutical physical contact with another person
- Offers useful advice in case you have an ailment
- Expertise in offering various types of massages
- Easy localization of problematic areas that need to be focused upon
- The therapist isn’t always avaliable when you need a massage
- You have to leave home to get to the massage parlor
- The masseur isn’t allowed to massage all areas of your body
- Inconvenience of sitting in revealing clothes next to a stranger
- If you go regularly to the therapist, you end up paying a lot of money
Both methods of receiving the soothing massage that you’re looking for have their own set of pros and cons, as you have already noticed. Nonetheless, it’s clear that one of these methods is the better choice to go with, more precisely the massage chair. Although some free space in your home and a pretty sum of money are required when you buy it, it’s completely worth the money as it not only works just as good, if not better than the therapist, but it endorses a permanent availability. Thus, no matter at what hour of the day or night you want to relax or get rid of an uncomfortable back pain, you just sit on the chair and let it do its magic, all without having to leave your home.